Please note that from Monday 1 June, all racing events here at Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be run benhind closed doors.
Entry will be strictly limited to those who are required to operate the race meeting, and is subject to the following supplementary Terms and Conditions.
Please note the following 'Code of Conduct':
SUPPLEMENTARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - CODE OF CONDUCT
The following Supplementary Conditions - COVID-19 Code of Conduct (this “Code of Conduct”) supplements the Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Racecourse, including any applicable Special Conditions (the “Entry Contract”).
This Code of Conduct should be read in conjunction with the Entry Contract. However, if any provision in this Code of Conduct conflicts with a provision in the Entry Contract, this Code of Conduct shall take precedence and shall modify the Entry Contract to the extent necessary to give effect to the relevant provision of this Code of Conduct.
Unless stated otherwise, any terms used in this Code of Conduct shall have the meanings given to them in the Entry Contract.
This Code of Conduct will be continuously updated in accordance with current Government guidance. Until further notice, all Attendees should review this Code of Conduct each time they attend the Racecourse.
1 Code of Conduct
All Attendees who enter the Racecourse (including all surrounding land, car parks and other facilities which are under the ownership and/or control of the Operator) shall be deemed to have accepted, and agree to comply with, this Code of Conduct. Attendees are admitted to the Racecourse strictly subject to this Code of Conduct. There are no exceptions.
2 All Attendees
2.1 All Attendees who enter the Racecourse (including all surrounding land, car parks and other facilities which are under the ownership and/or control of the Operator) shall:
- comply with all current Government requirements and guidance regarding COVID-19;
- comply with any health checks required by the BHA and/or the Operator prior to being given access to the Racecourse;
- observe all social distancing protocols and wear any PPE (such as masks or other face coverings) in accordance with the Government guidance in place at the time;
- maintain personal hygiene including, but not limited to, by regularly washing their hands, using hand sanitiser, avoiding touching their face and observing coughing and tissue etiquette.
- only use any hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes or other personal hygiene products made available at the Racecourse for the purpose for which they have been provided and shall not remove these from the locations in which they are provided;
- follow all racecourse signage and the instructions of staff, officials, the police or other emergency services present at the Racecourse at all times;
- only attempt to access those areas for which they are entitled under their Ticket; and
- comply with the Rules of Racing.
3 Attendees Entering the Racecourse other than as a Private Individual
3.1 In addition to complying with Section 2, all Attendees who enter the Racecourse (including all surrounding land, car parks and other facilities which are under the ownership and/or control of the Operator) in any capacity other than as a private individual, shall:
- comply with any training requirements required by the BHA and/or Operator prior to being given access to the Racecourse;
- use, in the correct manner, any PPE identified as appropriate to their role;
- wear required accreditation at all times;
- only attempt to access those areas of the Racecourse for which they are accredited and, in any event, the Attendee shall not enter any area of the Racecourse unless reasonably necessary for fulfilment of their role;
- follow the instructions of all members of the Racecourse Executive and BHA Officials (including but not limited to the COVID-19 Officers);
- maintain responsibility for disinfection of their own equipment in line with agreed procedures;
- comply with all changes to operating procedures relevant to their role; and
- leave the Racecourse immediately after the last race, or when the Attendee has completed their duties.
4 Breaches of this Code of Conduct
4.1 Any breach of this Code of Conduct will be reported to the Operator and the BHA Stewards. There will be a zero-tolerance approach to breaches of this Code of Conduct. In the event of any breach by an Attendee, in addition to any applicable sanctions set out in the Entry Contract:
- the Operator (with the full support of the Racecourse Managing Executive and BHA Stewards) may immediately remove the Attendee from the Racecourse, regardless of the Attendee’s role or status;
- the BHA Stewards may take regulatory action against the Attendee in line with the powers available to them; and
- the Attendee acknowledges that they may be liable to sanction from their employer or any organisation that is responsible for them.
4.2 Any individual who is ejected from the Racecourse for breaching this Code of Conduct may be unable to attend a fixture at the Racecourse or any other racecourse until further notice.