With areas of the country experiencing different restrictions, dependant on the government's tiered approach to combat Covid-19 transmissions, we ask all owners to check our news page where the latest information on any enhanced measures at Great Yarmouth Racecourse will be available.
Owners will be asked to comply with all the local restrictions in place when visiting and those planning on attending Great Yarmouth Racecourse do so in accordance with the latest guidelines for their area.
Whilst British Racing continues to take place behind closed doors, we are very pleased that we will be in a position to welcome Owners back for upcoming meetings.
As of our meeting on Tuesday 28 July, we will be able to take another step forward in the Owners Experience that we are able to offer, including a relaxation on entry times, increased badge allocation as well as a bar facilitiy. Please see below for full details.
Whislt we appreciate the experience will not be the usual one you are able to experience, we are pleased to be able to offer these steps in the first instance, with the hope that we are able to welcome more Owners, with a full racecourse experience, as soon as possible.
· Check In - All owners will need to complete the BHA’s COVID-19 online learning module in advance of the day followed by health questions and a temperature check on arrival at the racecourse.
· PASS - It is essential to register your attendance no later than 4pm the day before racing using the Racecourse PASS System via https://www.rcapass.com If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· ID - All owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse. Note that it is currently not essential to bring your PASS Card.
· Times – The Owners Entrance will open one hour before the published first race time, and there is no requirement for Owners to arrive or leave at any given time. You may enjoy as much or as little of the race meeting as you wish with us.
· Entrance – We are now pleased to offer a minimum of two Owners passes per runner. Should you need more, please contact the racecourse directly on email@example.com. We will make every effort to accommodate your request, but may be limited by our capacity.
· Parking - is in the usual owners’ car park which can be accessed from Fremantle Road, although we are using a different entrance gate – the stewards will direct you. You will not be able to park in the centre course at this time. (If you require any assistance, please contact the racecourse direct to sort 01493 842527)
· Facilities – The new Owners Zone is located in the centre course offering views adjoining the winning line, large lawns with seating, and a single storey building with TV viewing and toilet facilities.
· Complimentary Catering – This will be provided as a range of quality sandwiches, salads, soup, fruit, crisps, snacks and bottled soft drinks served buffet style as well as complimentary tea and coffee. Additionally, we are now able to offer a bar, which will be selling a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Please note, this bar will only be able to accept contactless card payment at this time.
· Betting – Britbet and Bookies will be available over in the centre of course.
· Racecards – Condensed racecards printed on A4 sheets will be available to all owners.
· Parade Ring – Due to the limited space, and the strict infection control measures operating, you will not be able to access the parade ring at any time. However, we have allocated an owners’ area adjoining the parade ring and track for you to use for 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after your race. This will allow you to be within close proximity to your horse as well as the opportunity to talk with your trainer across the zone boundary.
· Zones – It is important to understand that the Owners Zone is separate from the Racing Zone and access is not allowed between the two in either direction which is a direct consequence of the infection control protocols.
· Winning Memento – The connections with a winner will receive a picture of their horse and jockey and a USB memory stick recording, both of which will be posted on to your trainer within a few days of racing.
· Social Distancing – You will be required to maintain 2m minimum distance from others. Please follow instructions from signage and stewards and we thank you in advance for your co-operation.
· Racing – For information on the Going and Weather, please contact the Clerk of the Course, Richard Aldous on 07738 507643 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· How to Find Us – Our address is Jellicoe Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 4AU and we are located to the north of the town adjoining the neighbouring village of Caister-on-Sea. Major access roads include the A12 from Ipswich, A143 from Bury St Edmunds and the A47 from Norwich.